Fall is a great time to wear a stylish dress, and there are lots of beautiful options out there for plus size women. From casual options that look great with boots and sweaters to professional and sophisticated work dresses, you can find what you need at the best retail shops.
Five Great Places to Shop for Fall Dresses
Nordstrom is one of the very best places to find the top brand names in plus size dresses. The store has the latest styles for fall at a wide range of price points, varying from splurge-worthy cocktail dresses to trendy casual numbers. When it comes to variety and being on-trend, you can't beat this department store.
- You'll find wear-to-work styles like the Vince Camuto 'Mini Check' Wrap Jersey Dress. This knit dress is comfortable and features a flowing skirt for easy, unrestricted movement and 3/4 length sleeves to keep you warm in chilly fall weather. The black, white and red houndstooth-inspired print is stylish and fun, especially with a pair of ankle booties and some great accessories. It comes in sizes 1X-3X and retails for about $120.
- For another work-ready or date night ensemble, try the Medallion Print Scuba Sheath Dress, which comes in a medallion print inspired by the reds of fall leaves. The black bands at the waist help add contour, and the high neckline offers plenty of coverage. The exposed zip back adds another element of cool that will be enhanced when paired with knee-high boots. The dress comes in sizes up to 24W and retails for around $110.
- If you need something for cocktails or a special fall date, the Sleeveless Suede Fit & Flare Dress is a great choice. While the style is sleeveless, the suede fabric makes it perfect for cooler fall evenings. The back has a black, stretch ponte panel to make sure the dress fits comfortably and is even more figure-flattering. Pair it with either boots or pumps, and add a blazer if you need some added warmth. This dress is available in blue in sizes up to 24W and it retails for $349.
Nordstrom is on the list of The Curvy Fashionista's top places to shop for plus size clothing. The review specifically praises the selection, stylish looks, and cheap shipping.
If you're looking for affordable, trendy plus size dresses for the autumn season, you can't miss ASOS Curve. This is absolutely the place to get a really great deal on a look that is of-the-moment. Since most items are under $100, you can stay in style without blowing your budget. You'll find looks for every occasion:
- To give your work wardrobe a style update for fall, try looks like the ASOS Curves Midi Wiggle Dress in Texture. This textured dress has a tapered waist, short sleeves, and a high boatneck. It comes in black or red, both perfect autumn colors. Add a wide belt to show off your figure, and the knee-length skirt is perfectly office-appropriate. It comes in sizes up to 24 and retails for $82.
- The Junarose Lace Sleeved Skater Dress is the perfect choice for a casual weekend coffee date or crisp autumn stroll. It features dotted lace sleeves, a scoop neckline, and a charming fit and flare shape. The dark red fabric pairs well with booties and layered necklaces. It comes in sizes up to 22 and retails for about $65.
- For a night out, you can't beat the va-va-voom of the Lovedrobe Embellished Body-Conscious Dress With Cowl Back. This classic champagne-colored dress is all about 1960s style with its all-over sequins, three-quarter length sleeves, and draped cowl back. It comes in sizes up to 22 and retails for about $160.
Madame Noire lists ASOS Curve as one of the top ten places to shop for trendy plus size clothes, citing its amazing selection, decidedly non-frumpy styles, and spectacular fit.
IGIGI is all about designer plus size clothing. In fact, that's all they sell. Since these dresses are specifically designed for the full-figured woman, they are full of details that flatter your body shape. From fabrics that skim instead of cling to details that enhance your best features, this is the place to find a dress that will make you look and feel great this fall. Whether you're looking for something casual or formal, you can find it here:
- For the office, try the Dominique Plus Size Dress in Indigo Flower. The dress calls attention to all the right places while still being appropriate for professional settings. The faux wrap style shows off and enhances an hourglass shape, and the three-quarter sleeves and navy floral pattern are perfect for autumn. It comes in sizes up to 32 and retails for $118.
- The perfect romantic look for a fall weekend day is the Taylor Plus Size Dress. The navy color looks great on many skin tones, and the V-neckline and faux wrap bodice enhance the bust. A pretty floral print decorates the full skirt that hits just below the knee and has a flirty side slit. It comes in sizes up to 32 and retails for $118.
- For that cocktail party or autumn date, try the Ambrosia Plus Size Dress in Deep Rouge. This beautiful knee-length dress has a figure-flaunting faux wrap design, ruching throughout the skirt, and a deep v-neck that goes perfectly with a statement necklace. Three-quarter sleeves keep you warm on chilly fall evenings. It comes in sizes up to 32 and retails for $178.
IGIGI is one of the top names on Oprah's list of best shops for larger sizes. The review specifically mentions that the dresses are fully lined, so they are designed to naturally smooth any figure flaws.
Eliza Parker specializes in plus size clothing, so the dresses at this store are also designed with the curvy figure in mind. Although the prices are a little higher than some other retailers, the simple lines and exceptional workmanship make these dresses instantly classic. This is the place to go if you're hoping to invest in a dress you'll wear this fall and also for many falls to come. You'll love these styles:
- The Sofia Dress in Ruby is perfect for your autumn workday wardrobe. The ruched waistband is super-flattering, and the classic scoop neck and flared skirt will work with everything from pumps to knee-high boots. Its three-quarter-length sleeves are professional and cozy. The dress comes in sizes up to 28 and retails for $109.
- For a casual day with friends, try the Vineyard Dress in Navy. This crisp shirt dress harkens back to the 1950s without looking at all frumpy. It has elbow-length sleeves and a sharp collar. Pair it with a cozy cardigan to go for an autumn stroll. It comes in sizes up to 28 and retails for $148.
- A great cocktail party look is the Sevilla Dress in Plum. This maxi style works equally well at formal dinner dates and black tie events. The deep plum color is perfect for autumn, and the three-quarter sleeves keep you warm. A flattering v-neck and self-belt complete the silhouette. It comes in sizes up to 28 and retails for $229.
According to Curvy Girl Guide, Eliza Parker is the go-to place for plus size dresses. The review praises the fact that the very high quality dresses are made in the USA, asserting that they flatter the curvy figure like nothing else.
With a huge selection of super-stylish clothes for women in sizes 10 through 28, Simply Be is another must-try shop. Simply Be offers the hottest styles for fall, with a fit designed to enhance your curves and make you feel confident and beautiful. You'll find dresses for every occasion:
- For work this fall, try Joe Brown's Vintage Floral Print Dress, which has muted gray and pink roses on a black background. This A-line dress skims over your curves and ends in a loose skirt that hits just above the knee. There is a tie at the waist to enhance your shape, and the dress pairs easily with a cardigan to help you keep warm. This dress comes in sizes up to 28 and retails for about $75.
- Joe Brown's Flocked Skater Dress looks great with black leggings and booties for cozy fall outings. It features a black fabric with a subtle jacquard pattern, a fitted bodice, and a flowing skirt. This cute sleeveless dress hits at the knee, and is also available in a fall-friendly burgundy. It comes in sizes up to 28 and retails for about $90.
- If you need a great look for a fall party, try the Anna Scholz Bonded Lace Skater Dress. This romantic dress has a sleeveless, sweetheart-necklined gray layer that is covered with a layer of sheer black lace. The lace has three-quarter-length sleeves and a high neckline, and the dress hits just below the knee. It comes in sizes up to 28 and retails for about $120.
According to The Curvy Fashionista, there's basically nothing to dislike about Simply Be and their clothing offerings. The review praises the great quality, on-trend yet classic styling, and affordable prices.
Feel Confident and Stylish
There are so many fabulous styles out there for full-figured women who want to show off their fall fashion sense. No matter where you choose to shop for plus size fall dresses, choose something that makes you feel confident and stylish.