New moms who plan to breastfeed their babies need the ease of nursing pajamas for all those nighttime, middle of the night and early morning feedings. Nursing is a wonderful way to forge a closeness with your baby, and these plus size pajamas offer both comfort and convenience.
Two-Piece Plus Size Pajama Sets
Don't think that plus size pajama sets have to be frumpy, even for new mothers. There are some offerings available that are soft, pretty and feminine. They'll make you feel like the beautiful mom you are while you're feeding your infant.
- Wendy PJ Set - On warm nights, you'll want a cool pajama set like this one. With its short sleeves, flowy bodice, and capri-length bottoms, these pajamas are sure to keep you comfortable. The top has a stretchy elastic boatneck that is easy to pull down for nursing but isn't too revealing to wear around the house. The top also has pockets to insert nursing pads if you need them. Made by La Leche League International, this set is available in sizes S-2XL in cornflower blue or black, for around $50.
- Majamas Genna Nursing PJs - If you're looking for pajamas that are cute enough to double as lounge wear, look no further. This criss-crossed V-neck tunic with lettuce edging and matching bottom set is made of a soft modal/spandex blend. The front of the shirt moves aside for hassle-free nursing. Available in black, gunmetal gray, or a sage top with tan floral bottoms in sizes S-XXL for about $70.
- Apple of My Eye Nursing Pajamas and Layette - Feminine and comfortable, you'll love this nursing pajama set. The light blue A-line cami has pretty ruffles around the neckline and the top unclips for nursing. The white pajama bottoms have an apple print and a drawstring as well as elastic in the back of the waist to make sure they fit comfortably. And, to top it off, the set comes with a matching layette for your baby. Available in sizes XS-3X starting around $90.
- Oh-So-Soft Pin Dot Nursing Pajamas - If you're looking for something with long sleeves that is still feminine, this is the set for you. These lavender pajamas with white dots have 3/4 length sleeves and a crisscrossed top that opens by unbuttoning the front panels at the shoulders. The bottoms have an elastic waistband for comfort as your body's shape changes. Available in sizes XS-3X starting at about $70.
Plus Size Nursing Nightgowns
Plus size nursing nightgowns can be just as pretty as regular nightgowns - in fact, some nursing nightgowns are even nice enough to wear as casual dresses during the day.
- Carey Sleepdress - Cute and cozy, this striped sleepdress hits just above the knee. It has buttons down the front so you can nurse without taking off your top, and there's a panel underneath so even if you leave the buttons undone, you won't be exposed. You can pair this top with leggings if you want even more coverage. This nightgown comes in black and gray stripes, or eggplant and gray stripes in sizes XS-3X for about $65.
- Majamas Lucy Nursing Dress/Gown - Pretty enough to be a day dress but comfortable enough to be a nightgown, this nursing gown has it all. It has a criss-crossed V-neck with fabric behind the neckline to keep you covered, and you can easily pull aside the front of the gown to nurse. The skirt flows out from an elastic empire waist and hits at the knee. This gown is available in black, two muted greens, a dusty blue, a tan floral print, and a peach with pink print in sizes S-XXL for about $70.
- La Leche League Sunrise Nursing Chemise - You don't have to sacrifice style for function with this sweet nursing chemise. This sleeveless gown has wide straps for more support and the lightly gathered V-neck front pulls to the side for nursing. There is a modesty panel in front to keep you covered. Available in black and lavender in sizes S-2X for about $45.
Nurse in Comfort
Your primary concern when choosing pajamas should be comfort, followed by style. Many of the designs you'll find are in soft fabrics such as cotton, which will be soft next to your and your baby's delicate skin. You don't have to sacrifice fashion for function, however; there are plenty of pajama styles that are not only functional, but pretty enough to lounge around in. Sleep, relax and bond with your baby in style.