If you're a full-figured woman, underwire bathing suits can offer many benefits, including significant added support, a very flattering shape, and sometimes even better posture. There are a number of great places, both online and locally, to find these types of bathing suits.
Lane Bryant has lots of stylish plus size clothing, and they also offer a line of swimwear. This is a great shopping option for many full-figured women.
At Lane Bryant, you'll find a wide range of swimsuits with built-in underwire bras. Most of these are tankinis, but you'll also find a few bikinis. Consider some of these underwire top options:
- Global Stripe Swim Tank Built-In Plunge Bra - This global inspired tankini top offers plenty of lift and support, as well as a striped pattern that helps draw the eyes towards your best assets. An empire waist and loose fitting torso lets this suit skim over potential problem areas while showing off your curves. It's hand washable and available in sizes up to 44C. Matching bottoms are available, and the tankini top retails for about $75.
- Gingham Flounce Bandeau Bikini Top - If you love the look of a bikini but need a little extra lift, this might be the ideal top for you. It features long straps your can configure in several different ways to adjust the look. The pattern is cute and sweet, and matching bottoms are available. This top is hand washable and comes in sizes up to 46DDD. It retails for about $65.
- Ladder Cut Out Swim Tank with Built-In Balconette Bra - If you're looking for a more structured silhouette and some underwire lift, this classic black tankini top may be perfect. It features a supportive built-in bra and a flattering center panel. Matching bottoms are available. This tankini is hand washable and comes in sizes up to 46DDD. It retails for about $75.
Most shopping malls have a Lane Bryant store, and you can use the store locator to find one near you. Depending on the size of the store, they may not have all of the swim styles and sizes in stock at all times. If you're after a particular suit or want the best selection of underwire styles, it may make more sense to shop online.
Lane Bryant has an excellent rating on Epinions with more than 13,000 mostly positive reviews. Overall, consumers had great luck ordering online and buying in stores and loved the fit and quality of the merchandise. However, a few people had problems with customer service, especially in terms of timely order communication.
If you live near a Lane Bryant store but want to order a suit that's online, you can have the order shipped directly to the store for free. You can also have the order shipped to your home for a reasonable fee.
Returns are easy at Lane Bryant, since you can take your online merchandise back to any location. Swimwear must be in unworn condition, and you can make the return within 60 days of your purchase.
Swimsuits Just for Us
Specializing in swimwear for plus size women, Swimsuits Just for Us has a good selection of suits with underwire. This is a good place to shop if you're looking for a classic style.
The underwire bathing suits at Swimsuits Just for Us are mostly tankinis, but there are a couple of one piece styles as well. Most are modestly cut, classic suits. Consider these options:
- Evening Spell Underwire Swimwear Tankini Top - Featuring a fun pattern of bright stripes specially designed to flatter the plus size figure, this simple tankini top is a pretty choice. It has adjustable straps and a hidden underwire bra to give you plenty of support. It is hand washable and has matching black bottoms you can purchase separately. The top comes in sizes 1X and 3X and retails for about $62.
- Avain Swirl Tankini Top with Underwire for D Cups and Up - This black, blue, and white tankini top has a traditional scoop-neck shape and hidden underwire support for D cups and up. Side drawstrings allow you to adjust the length and add shirring to flatter your shape. It is hand washable, and there are separate bottoms available for purchase. This tankini top comes in sizes 16W to 24W and retails for about $60.
Swimsuits Just for Us doesn't have a brick and mortar retail store, but all suit styles are available online. The site is based in Deland, Florida.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) says that Swimsuits Just for Us has been accredited since 2006. There have been no official complaints about this company in the past 12 months (as of March 2013) and it has a BBB score of A+.
Swimsuits Just for Us has flat rate shipping of only $7.95, no matter how many suits you order. Orders typically ship the following business day. You can also get rush shipping for an additional fee if you need the suit in a hurry.
Returns are easy. Just send back the suit in the original condition within 14 days of purchase. You'll need to pay return shipping of $7.95.
Cyberswim specializes in slimming Miraclesuit swimwear for plus size women. Many of their suits also feature underwire support.
At Cyberswim, you'll find many Miraclesuit options, both in tankini styles and one-pieces. Consider some of the following:
- Miraclesuit Rockin' Morrocan Swimsuit - This pretty one-piece has a built-in bra with underwire and foam cups. The twisted bodice offers a flattering way to show off your curves, and a row of colorful patterns provide gorgeous embellishment. This hand-washable suit comes in sizes 16W through 24W and retails for just around $170.
- Miraclesuit Floral Roswell Tankini Top - This twist-front tankini top offers plenty of underwire support. Adjustable straps provide even more lift. The loose fit of the tummy portion is flattering for many body types. You can purchase matching bottoms separately. This hand-washable suit comes in sizes 16W through 24W and retails for about $100.
Cyberswim started selling Miraclesuit swimwear in 1999, and has been expanding ever since. All sales are conducted online.
Cyberswim's shipping charges vary with the cost of your order, and you can choose from various shipping options. Most items are shipped within 24 hours.
They accept returns within 10 days of purchase and encourage customers to try several suits to get the perfect one. The consumer is responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Lift, Support, and Style
No matter which style you choose or where you purchase your underwire bathing suit, there are plenty of options out there. From one-pieces to tankinis and bikinis, there are lots of beautiful suits that provide the lift and support you need while being stylish and flattering.