For formal and after-five events, finding women's petite plus size evening wear that flatters and fits you perfectly will help you enjoy a special night. Whether you're attending a black-and-white ball, a formal wedding or other event that calls for extra-special attire, use these tips and information on finding and wearing an outfit sure to make you feel your best.
Where to Find Petite Plus Evening Wear
Many online etailers carry beautiful styles of petite plus size evening wear. The following are several examples of the styles and the etailers that carry them:
- French Novelty offers a number of fabulous selections for plus size petite woman, such as this three-piece crepe long skirt set that includes a sleeveless cami with a pleated V neck, a long sleeve jacket with pleated trim and a long skirt. This elegant evening wear is available in black, chestnut, cobalt, raisin and heather in sizes 16WP to 24WP. The many styles of petite plus size evening wear carried by French Novelty include fashions from Ursula, Montange Mon Cheri and Cameron Blake. The available sizing of each selection depends on the specific style and designer.
- LightInTheBox offers several styles of evening wear for petite plus women up to size 26w. Examples include a lovely a-line, strapless dress with beaded embellishments and a sheath cocktail dress with tulle detailing.
- Look fabulous in this embellished lace pencil dress by Alex Evenings. The elegant look is complete by a jacket with three quarter sleeves. Available in stone gray, this set from Nordstrom comes in sizes up to 18P.
- Pair this beautiful beelted rosette tunic from Dillard's with a matching skirt or pants for an elegant look. The top is covered with all-over rosettes and beading for a dazzling effect. This great look is available in red in sizes up to PXL.
- Darius Cordell Fashion Ltd. custom designs evening wear and other special occasion dresses in any size, including petite plus. You have the option of choosing one of the many beautiful styles available on the website, or the company can make a sketch of your evening wear from your ideas or design it from a photo. All designs can be made in your choice of any fabric and color.
Evening Dress Selection Tips for Your Shape
When choosing evening wear, the petite, full-figured woman should focus on several key points.
- Find an outfit that fits: Evening wear is no longer relegated to only dresses. You'll find some beautiful slacks outfits for many occasions that can be just as dressy. Whatever you wear, make sure it fits your petite frame. This means no tent-like shirts or dresses. If you can buy from the petite department, you have the best chance of finding clothes that fit properly because they'll be proportioned for your shorter frame.
- The most flattering evening dress styles for those with petite figures are those with a-line skirts and empire waist dresses that flow into form-fitting skirts. Two piece dresses can also work well.
- If the evening wear you choose has a jacket, it should fall at or above the hip. Jackets that fall below the hip make plus size petite women look shorter.
Enjoy the Evening
Many of us don't get to play "dress up" as often as we'd like, so if you receive an invitation for a dressy event, go all out. It could be a long time before you get the chance to wear such fancy clothes again, so pick out a dress or elegant suit that flatters your petite figure and wear it with style.