For an end of the day treat, slipping into a comfortable pair of pajamas that hug your curves in all the right places is the perfect way to indulge yourself. Plus size pajamas are available in price points ranging from inexpensive to luxurious in a many styles, colors and patterns.
Great Plus Size Pajama Options
Cotton and Cotton Blend Pajamas
Choosing pajamas made from a natural fiber like cotton can make a big difference between getting a good night's sleep or tossing and turning all night. Cotton is often blended with other fibers such as polyester or flannel, and sleepwear made from these fabrics is soft, comfortable and long-wearing. Whether you are in the market for 100% cotton pajamas or a blended textile, there are plenty of options.
- Supima Cotton Pajamas: Indulge yourself in a deluxe nighttime experience and slip into these ultra-soft pajamas from L.L.Bean. Made from the finest Supima® cotton, they offer the durability of cotton and the luxurious feel of silk. You'll love the simplicity of this one piece pajama gown with no buttons, snaps or fussy details - just a simple v-neck top with gentle neckline shirring for some flattering fullness in the top. These pajamas reach mid-calf. Choose from two colors in sizes 1X to 3X for under $45. Customer reviewers overwhelmingly agreed these pajamas are comfortable, long-lasting, and wrinkle-free.
- Winter print knit pjs: Whether you are sitting on the balcony enjoying a hot beverage or reaching for a warm coverup for sleeping, you'll enjoy the softness of these pajamas by Dreams and Co.® from WomanWithin. The solid-color tunic top skims and minimizes the hips and the straight-legged print pants slim the look of the legs. Choose from six festive prints; appliques on the tops match the prints on the bottoms. Available in standard or petite plus sizes 1X to 5X for under $30. StellaService rates WomanWithin as excellent. Most customers that purchased this item rated it positively for comfort, softness and nice design.
Cotton, wool and synthetic fibers are typically used to manufacture flannel, and the texture of the finished textile depends on which is used. Flannel made from cotton or synthetic fibers is softer and less itchy than flannel made from wool. Fortunately, with today's labeling practices, it's easy to learn what fabric pajamas are made of so you can purchase those you prefer and avoid others that might prove irritating to your skin. Consider these styles as additions to your sleepwear wardrobe:
- Petite Plaid flannel pjs by Dreams & Co: Enjoy the ultimate in full-figure sleep wear when you slip into these ultra-warm, petite plus size pajamas from Dreams & Co. They feature a pocketed, button down shirt with a relaxed fit to show off your curves without unsightly clinging and easy-fitting elastic waist pants. Choose from pretty plaids or playful prints for under $35. These pajamas are available in standard sizes 1X to 5X at FullBeauty.com.
- Jersey & Flannel Pajamas by Only Necessities®: Comfort meets trendy in this pajama set from Roaman's, which is ideal for keeping you warm during cooler nights. It features a flannel top with roomy armholes and a back yoke to provide extra room. It falls below the hip to provide tummy and hip concealment. The woven cotton flannel pull-on leggings fit at your natural waist for the ultimate in comfort. It comes in a red plaid pattern, retails for approximately $45, and is available in sizes 1X to 5X. Customer reviewers scored these pajamas highly for warmth, comfort, and ease of care.
Pajama sets are versatile elements of an intimate wardrobe, and the smart curvaceous women will not limit herself to just flannel or cotton pajamas when there are so many other luxurious fabric choices. Here are some options in fabrics and styles you may not have considered:
- Liz Claiborne Short-Sleeve Shirt and Capris Pajama Set - : You'll look and feel great in this classy yet easy-care polyester/rayon pajama set from JCPenny. The loosely fitted top is perfect for concealing thick waists or tummy bulges, and the short sleeves help disguise heavy arms. Capri pants are always flattering as they show just enough skin to elongate the look of the leg and slim your silhouette. Choose from seven gorgeous color options in sizes 1X to 3X for around $55.
- Shadowline Silhouette PJ Set: When bedtime calls for something more exotic and sexy, take a chance on this opulent two-piece pajama set from HerRoom Plus. It features a loosely flowing top that is perfect for disguising midsection figure flaws and matching pajama bottoms with a comfortable stretch waistband. The set is made from an ultra-soft blend of modal and spandex. Choose from four staple colors in sizes 1X to 3X for around $45. As a bonus, the set ships for free.
Shortie pajamas are staples in many women's lingerie wardrobes. Whether you want some jazzy shortie pajamas for lazy weekend brunches at home or chic choices for dependable sleepwear, you can find a perfect pair.
- Sweet Satin Short Set: Make the most of those gorgeous curves in this sexy shortie pajama set from Pajamagram. It features a babydoll bodice with a deep v-neck, which draws the eye up toward your better assets. The matching tap pants feature an elastic waist with side lace inserts to show just a hint of skin. It's available in sizes 1X and 3X and retails under $70.
- Pajamas, Shortie Sleep Set by Amoureuse®: Channel your inner boho with this flirty peasant style satin pajama set from WomanWithin. The peasant top features elasticized sleeves and a universally flattering A-line shape to make you look more svelte. The pull-on pants fit at your natural waist and have a generous five inch inseam. Choose from two colorful prints and expect to spend no more than about $25. This shortie sleep set is available in sizes 1X to 5X.
Since what you choose to sleep in defines your personality, your sleepwear choices can reflect your individual style, whether it's exotic diva-like or casual homebody. Slipping into pajamas you love that feel great against your skin makes it easy to get a good night's sleep and enjoy pleasant dreams. For the ultimate in nighttime luxury, add a matching or complementary robe and slippers to your sleepwear ensemble. Whether you live alone or with others, you'll feel chic and appear at the top of your game in stylish pajamas and all the appropriate accessories.