Women of all sizes can find stylish ski fashions to match their needs. From warm jackets to ski pants, there is a nice selection of ski clothing designed to fit full figured women who wear plus sizes. You can often find ski clothing at sporting goods stores and ski shops during the winter season, but they don't always have a good selection of plus sizes. Shopping online will give you the best selection and deals. Additionally, online retailers often carry ski clothing year round, not just during the winter months.
Shopping for Plus Size Ski Clothes
While not all ski clothing brands include plus sizes in their collections, Columbia, JunoActive and Eddie Bauer are quality brands that do offer a selection of ski clothes designed to fit full figured women.
Columbia features a variety of plus size ski items in their collection. Items are designed to be durable and warm while still looking stylish out on the slopes. You can find jackets and pants in the latest styles and colors of the season. Some ski clothes to check out include:
- Bugaboo Pant: These ski pants are priced around $115 and come in sizes 1X to 3X. They come in solid colors such as black, pink, white and blue as well as a black print. These pants are Omni-Tech waterproof and have breathable seams that are fully sealed. For extra comfort, they are designed with features such as an adjustable waistband, adjustable leg gaiters and lower leg snap gussets. Reviews found on the product page mention that the color and fit of these pants are great. For those needing a plus size, the pants are roomy and can be worn over another layer.
- Whirlibird Interchange Jacket: This jacket is available in sizes 1X to 3X and is priced around $220. It comes in cute plaid patterns in colors such as black, blue, red, purple, white and pink. This style is designed to be three jackets in one. It features a zip-in liner that is water repellent and warm and a seam-sealed shell that is breathable and waterproof. You can wear each piece alone or wear both together as one jacket. This style has a tulip hem and a figure flattering design with angled seams and interior baffles. Other features include an adjustable hood that can be removed and underarm venting.
JunoActive offers ski wear items in plus sizes. You can find clothing such as ski pants, jackets and even hats and mittens from this retailer. Customers who have left testimonials about the clothing rave about the quality of items, selection of styles and colors as well as the superb fit and comfort of the clothing. Plus size ski fashions you can find on the site include:
- High-Waist Ski Pant: These water resistant, black ski pants are available in sizes 2X to 6X and are priced around $75. They feature stretch rib knit side panels, removable elastic suspenders and a gusseted crotch. They are not only designed for comfort but will give you a sleek look. These pants also have larger leg openings, a feature that makes them easy to get on and off.
- Color Block 3-in-1 Parka: This stylish ski parka is available in sizes XL to 6XL and is priced under $100. It gives you two options in one. You get an outer shell and an inner fleece mock neck jacket to wear alone or as one jacket. This parka also features a removable hood. It comes in color combinations such as blue and black or melon pink and black. On the product page, a reviewer states "this is a must-have winter coat." She says that the coat is the warmest, most comfortable coat that she has ever owned, commenting that the pockets are huge and the fleece lining provides warmth.
Eddie Bauer carries a large selection of active wear for women. The First Ascent Collection features stylish ski jackets and vests that look good on and off of the slopes. Some options that are available in plus sizes include:
- Downlight StormDown Jacket: This ski jacket is available in sizes up to XXL and is priced under $230. It is lightweight and designed to be worn over other layers. It features a windproof outer shell with a water-repellent finish and a super light fill that will keep you warm without adding extra bulk. The drawstring hem will give you a custom fit. This jacket comes in colors such as black, gray, eggplant purple and blue. A site reviewer commented that this jacket has a great fit and does not add extra material to your middle, a great advantage for full figured women.
MicroTherm StormDown Vest: This versatile vest comes in sizes up to XXL and is priced under $130. It is available in basic black as well as fun colors such as pink, green and blue. This vest can be worn alone or as an additional layer. It is designed with a close fit for a sleek look without adding extra bulk. It is both wind and water resistant. One reviewer commented that the vest fits true to size and can be worn as a base layer under a down jacket.
Keep Warm While Looking Stylish
Most ski clothes are designed with warmth and comfort in mind. Just because an item is to be worn out in the snow does not mean that you need to sacrifice style. Many plus size ski clothes can be found in bright colors and prints highlighting the latest styles of the season.