Do you remember going to Wal-Mart to buy Bobbie Brooks plus size clothing to find it had been replaced by another brand that didn't fit the same? Today you can find Bobbie Brooks clothing sold through online stores and save yourself time and gas by shopping with the click of a mouse.
Bobbie Brooks Clothing
The Bobbie Brooks clothing line was started in 1957 by Maurice Saltzman and Max Reiter. Back then it was known as Ritmore Sportswear, Inc. They began the venture with $3,000 and built it into a multi-million dollar business. The brand became well known for its stylish clothes for teenage and junior-miss girls. In the 1960s, the company grew and produced apparel for women ages 25 to 44.
When K-mart added the successful Jacqueline Smith clothing line and then Martha Stewart's line of products, Wal-Mart decided to add Bobbie Brooks to its line to offer a well-known fashion apparel brand to be sold exclusively through their chains. People throughout the country grew to love not only the look but the comfortable feel of the Bobbie Brooks clothing line.
The Line Today: Available at Dollar General
Today, this popular clothing line no longer manufactures its product in the United States, and it has become impossible for people to locate this favorite brand in any department store. This is because the company has licensed out the name, and now their products are typically made in Asia. If you're still looking for Bobbie Brooks plus size clothing, today you can find it sold exclusively through Dollar General.
Among the women's plus sized items you can expect to find are:
- Casual pants
Although prices vary, the items are always on the more affordable side, with most items costing under $20.
Finding Bobbie Brooks Plus Size Clothing Online
Dollar General now offers the option of online shopping for many of its items, so you can purchase the clothing and have it delivered if you prefer. There may also be special promotions from the company that can be used on your online order. However, there are also other online options for buying this clothing line.
When shopping online, just be sure you're getting what you really want and be sure to take advantage of information to help make future purchases easier.
- Be sure that the clothing is authentic Bobbie Brooks
- Check photos - is the clothing used or new?
- Make note of contact information so you can contact the seller again
- Read shipping information thoroughly
- Be sure you understand return policies
- Document your transaction
Computers and the internet have brought convenience shopping into our homes. In years past, those who were disappointed when Wal-Mart decided to no longer carry Bobbie Brooks would just have to suffer through trying to find a replacement brand. But today, Bobbie Brooks clothing can be found in all sizes. Here are a few popular places to find their plus size selections online:
You can do a general eBay search, or look for eBay stores that carry Bobbie Brooks clothing. Owners of these online stores are often willing to communicate back and forth to see if they can help you find what you are looking for. These include:
Plus Size Clothing also provides many links to Bobbie Brooks plus size clothing pieces currently listed on eBay. The links are to a number of different eBay sellers, many of which carry additional Bobbie Brooks clothing.
Additional Online Marketplaces
Additional Online Marketplaces that may have a selection of plus size clothing by Bobbie Brooks include:
- Swap.com: This online marketplace is touted as the largest online consignment and thrift store. Items can be purchased or traded, and unworn items may be returned within 30 days.
- Poshmark: Poshmark is another online option for trying to find gently used or resale Bobbie Brooks clothing. Purchasing is easy - simply click on the buy now button online or via the mobile app and select your payment choice.
- Blue Jay Marketplace: This online store sells pre-owned items, which you can easily search for and filter by category. Payment is accepted via Paypal.
- Etsy: Etsy is a great choice if you are looking for vintage Bobbie Brooks plus size items. It's simple to communicate with sellers, and you can purchase with a credit card, Paypal, or money order.
To find Bobbie Brooks clothes on Craig'sList, click on clothes and accessories under "for sale." Listings are updated daily. Use the tool bar at the top of the page and click on "edit" and then scroll to "find on this page." A small window will open. Type in Bobbie Brooks. This will save you the time of scrolling through information you don't want to read. Or if you want, search for other plus size items. You can find just about anything listed from cheap dresses to eveningwear.
Thanks to the internet, your favorite Bobbie Brooks clothing is within reach. Consider the net your women's plus size catalog with a revolving inventory that constantly changes. Just make sure you ask the right questions, are aware of the site's return policies, and know exactly what you're buying.