Plus size dance clothing offers the hottest styles for classic ballet, tap, jazz, modern dance, salsa, hip-hop, belly dancing, and more. Dance the night away with these comfortable and stylish choices.
Options for Plus Size Dance Clothes
It can be difficult to find the right dancewear no matter what size you are. Look for pieces that offer a little extra support along with flattering cuts and drapes.
Leotard rarely have built-in bras, so it's important to look for garments that offer support in other ways, such as thicker straps or sleeves.
- The Eurotard Short Sleeve Leotard has short sleeves and a higher neckline to help support your bust. It's available in black, white, purple, and royal blue from 2X-4X for around $22.
For plus size dance skirts, you may want to search for a higher waist which can be more flattering on plus sized women, or an overlay skirt to wear over tights.
- The Handkerchief Overlay Skirt is a great choice to wear over tights to provide some extra coverage if you don't want to show your legs. It is available in several slimming dark colors such as purple, black, and red, and costs around $23 for plus size.
- The Dancewear Solutions High Waisted Satin Tulle Romantic Ballerina Skirt is perfect for the plus size dancer since the high waist covers any parts of the stomach or hips you may not want to display. The layered tulle is romantic and feminine, and the longer length offers some leg coverage as well. Get it in black, burgundy, mauve, pink, or gray in sizes XL or XXL from $40-45.
With all the plus size dance pants available, it can be hard to choose the right ones. If your stomach is larger than your hips look for a low rise pant that will sit underneath your stomach. You may also want to look for a looser fit pant for both comfort and coverage.
- A Palazzo Pant is another great option for the plus size dancer. The wide legs give you plenty of room and are also visually stunning when they flow as you're dancing. The pants also feature a wide waist to help them stay put while you move. Available in sizes X-6X in a variety of colors starting at about $30.
Plus Size Dance Retailers
No matter what style of dance clothing you're looking for, you can find it at a variety of websites and plus size online catalogs. Take the time to shop around to find the best deal.
Dancewear Solutions offers free ground shipping with purchases of $100 or more. Along with a great selection of dancewear, they also sell gymnastics clothes in sizes up to women's size 20. Here you'll find:
- Jackets and vests
- Skirts and tutus
- Shorts, yoga pants, leggings, and harem pants
Reflections of Dance
Reflections of Dance is a great place to find a variety of plus size performance dancewear styles. Selections include:
- Long skirts
- Overlay skirts
- Palazzo pants
- Praise dresses
- Angel wing collars and shirts
A great resource for the plus size dancer is Action Dancewear, which has some premade items, but also features custom order dance items. You can select your fabric (cotton/Lycra, nylon/Lycra, velvet/Lycra, silk, and polyester options available) as well as your color, and the garment will be delivered to you in 3-4 weeks. This site offers sizes from 1X to 10X. Pick up items such as:
- Capri pants
- Camisole dresses
The Dancewear Shoppe
The Dancewear Shoppe has one of the more extensive collections of plus size dance clothing. Most items are available in sizes XL - 3X, and free ground shipping is included for orders over $50. You'll find over 100 options for pieces such as:
- Praise dresses
- Stirrup tights
Adding Flair With Plus Size Dance Clothes
Not everyone wants to be a professional dancer, but if you love to dance it's fun to find the right clothes to wear. Whether you're looking for a salsa style dress, belly dancing outfits, praise dance clothing, or any other dance gear, today's selection of dance clothing in plus sizes makes it easy to add the flair you want.