Accentuate your beautiful curves with plus size girdles available in many styles for all your fashion needs.
Benefits of Wearing a Girdle
For many full figured women, wearing a girdle, also known as a body shaper, makes them feel extra feminine and sexy while providing needed support for their abdomen and lower back. Depending on the style of girdle, additional benefits include:
- A firmer and flatter abdomen
- Reduced waistline
- Reduced saddle bag area
- Raised buttocks
- Eliminate bumps and bulges in the hip, thigh and leg areas
- Eliminate midriff bulge
- Help with better posture
- Provide support for internal organs
- Create a smooth, sleek line under clothes
Ranging from panty girdles to long leg shapers to full-body briefer styles, plus size women have a variety of types and styles of girdles available to them. Many of the styles also offer different degrees of support, referred to as light, medium or firm control.
Briefs and Long Leg Styles
One of the most popular girdle styles is the panty girdle also called a brief. This style girdle gives support to the tummy, hip and butt areas. High waist briefs are also available. Another popular style, the long leg girdle provides support and smooth lines from the tummy area to the thighs. Variations of the long leg style include:
Body Briefers and Body Girdles
Resembling a one-piece bathing suit, a body briefer all-in-one girdle provides full body support. This type of lingerie has a hook-and-eye gusset closure at the crotch and is also available in a long leg style. A full figured body girdle sculpts your figure into luscious curves as it slims your waist and flattens your tummy. Body girdles are manufactured in long leg, capri and pant lengths.
Open Bottom Girdles and Full Slip Shapewear
Open bottom girdles offer a slimming alternative to wearing a garter belt with your stockings. This girdle style, with its attached garters, is available in many beautiful styles and lengths including brief, high waist and long leg. For a sleek attractive look, wear a shaping slip under dresses and skirts. With the comfort of a slip and the control of a girdle, it supplies all of the needed support in just the right places.
More Girdle Styles for Plus Size Women
- Maternity girdles gives much needed support to the spinal column and pelvic area while helping to balance the overall bodyweight.
- For overall shaping after giving birth post partum girdles offer extra gentle support in the tummy area.
- If you want a little extra padding in the derrière, a padded girdle will do the trick while providing overall support.
Where to Find Plus Size Girdles Online
The Internet is a wonderful resource for finding the perfect girdle in the size you need and the style you want. Depending on the website, sizes range from 1X to 14X, with most offering girdles in the 1X to 8X size range.
- Flatter your figure with a girdle from Lauren Silva offering 57 styles ranging in size from 2X to 10X.
- Bigger Bras carries Rago, Tatiana, Bali, Elita, Venus, Anita, Bodywrap, Empriente and Grenier girdles and body shapers to size 8X.
- The Rago store at Underworks carries girdles up to size 14X.
Additional websites that carry girdles in plus sizes include:
Look Great and Feel Great
Plus size girdles are not only a functional lingerie item that make you feel sexy and look shapely, they also help boost your self-confidence by making you feel good about yourself.