If you are looking to purchase full-figured intimate apparel in large quantities at wholesale prices for resale or maybe just for yourself, your best bet would be to contact a few plus size lingerie distributors.
About Lingerie Distributors
Plus size lingerie distributors specialize in selling undergarments in bulk to a variety of customers. These items are sold either directly from the manufacturer or through a third-party vendor. Many of these vendors carry or sell name brand fashions that are either out-of-season or overstocked by manufacturers. Some may even be slightly flawed and therefore can't be sold at retail stores. Still many of the items are in perfect condition. Popular items of plus size lingerie sold by distributors include:
Individuals purchase items in bulk from wholesale distributors for a variety of reasons. Besides finding a good deal on lingerie for themselves, many resell the merchandise for a profit online at eBay or other online stores. Merchants who run small lingerie shops also purchase wholesale undergarments to sell as well.
What to Look for in a Clothing Distributor
Lingerie distributors are a dime a dozen, but finding one that is not only reputable, but that sells quality plus size intimate apparel may be a little trickier. When deciding on a distributor, make sure to ask these questions:
- Are the garments new with hang tags?
- Are the hangers included?
- Is there a minimum and maximum number of ordered garments allowed?
- Is there a catalog available, either online or paper?
- Who picks and chooses the sizes and colors that are sent?
- How much control do you, as a buyer, have on what is purchased?
- Are orders drop shipped or do they come directly from your warehouse?
- Is the vendor's warehouse located in the United States?
- If items are shipped from overseas but the distributor's office is in the United States, who is responsible for the overseas shipping costs?
- What is the turnaround time for shipping?
- Who are the vendor's customers?
- Can customers use images from the catalog on their own company's site?
- Are discounts given for multiple purchases?
Find Plus Size Lingerie Distributors
A quick Google search will return a few hundred lingerie distributors that specialize in plus sizes.
Online since 1997, Lingerie Mart is based in Atlanta, Georgia, and even opens its doors to the public every Monday through Saturday. While the company does not specifically specialize in plus size lingerie, it does have a large offering of this intimate apparel:
- Plus size bras up to cup size M. Manufacturers include Delta Burke, Rebecca, Ruby Pink and Crown-ette, among others.
- Panties in plus sizes are also available, including thongs and bikinis.
- Sleepwear is available from this distributor. Choose from chemises, camisole sets and nightgowns.
The Lingerie Center
Choose from a variety of plus size wholesale lingerie from The Lingerie Center in many styles by various designers. Garments include:
- Bras are available from Jolie, BodyForm and Carrie Amber designers in sizes up to 42DD.
- Choose from one of three pretty plus size bra sets in sizes up to 42D.
- There is a variety of other plus size lingerie available including slips, bustiers, peignoir sets and chemises in sizes up to 3x.
Best Wholesale Lingerie
Best Wholesale Lingerie has a large selection of women's undergarments from several manufacturers including Carrie Amber, Rene Rofe and Leg Avenue:
- Sexy bra sets in sizes up to 44DD.
- Charmeuse chemises with adjustable lace-up sides are for sale in sizes up to 6x.
A Final Note
Wholesale lingerie can be a great buy if you know what you are purchasing. Make sure you read all of the fine print, including the information available about returns and exchanges. Pay special attention to the manufacturer who designed the garment as well. If you aren't familiar with the brand name, you may not want to purchase the items.