Plus size girls are sexy and want to show it off, and few things are sexier and showier than open cup lingerie. Whether you're looking for a bra, corset or babydoll set, there are plenty of options for you to indulge in.
Where to Buy Plus Size Open Cup Bras
There is an extensive range of quality sexy lingerie available for women of all sizes, and if you can't find what you're looking for in your local shops, you can definitely find it online. Try these retailers to find your perfect style.
- Oh Cheri! - If you want more modest styles, Oh Cheri! has them. This store has bras that are open nipple, peekaboo, or open cup style and many of these bras come in a wider range of colors than you can find elsewhere, including blue, purple, and silver. While most of their items go up to size 44, a few are offered in size 46. Prices are anywhere from about $30 to $45 and all orders include free shipping. Returns are accepted within 14 days subject to certain limitations.
- Lingerie Diva - Lingerie Diva has many styles of open cup plus size bras in styles from embroidered lace to shiny satin and from studded leather to see-through mesh. Most options here are available up to sizes 42 or 44, and they can range from about $25 to $50. Orders over $75 get free shipping and items may be returned within 14 days as long as the sanitary protection remains in place.
- FantasiaWear - This plus size boutique has a variety of open cup bras, ranging from the typical satins and laces in a wide array of colors to a studded leather bra that is basically straps with no cup. The store generally offers items up to size 44, and the prices range from about $30 to $60. You get free priority shipping on purchases over $75. Please note however that there are no returns on intimate apparel.
Additional Open Cup Lingerie Options
In addition to bras, you might want to consider other styles of open cup lingerie.
- Yandy - Yandy has all the costume lingerie you could imagine. Their items are not demure and romantic, but are rather racy and erotic. These styles are mostly black with a few red and purple options with sizes anywhere from 1X to the occasional 5X or even 6X. Prices vary widely, falling anywhere from $10 to about $140 depending on the garment's detail and material. They offer several open cup options including teddies and sets, in materials from satin to vinyl. Returns are available within 15 days.
- Curvy Girl Lingerie - This plus size lingerie boutique carries high-quality options in pretty colors such as teal, mauve, floral and colorblock. Most items are offered in 1X-3X, but there are some in 4X-6X as well. Prices start around $40 and can go over $100 depending on the item. There is a small selection of open cup items including corsets and babydoll sets. Curvy Girl does not accept returns, but does permit exchanges within 10 days.
Shopping Tips for Open Cup Items
You've probably noticed even when shopping for ordinary lingerie that your standard size doesn't always fit from brand to brand. Chrystal Bougon, owner of Curvy Girl Lingerie, offers the following tips for open cup styles:
- Be open-minded about size when it comes to bras. Since the garment isn't intended to be functional and it's only on for a short time, she suggests that if you can't find what you want in your band size, buy it in your cup size and then use a bra extender to make it fit.
- Look for plus size lingerie made from microfiber, which stretches, rather than silk, which doesn't give and can pull and look awkward. Of microfiber Bougon says, "It feels great on. It's super simple to care for and wash. It has a smoothing effect and it also feels great to the person you're cuddling with. Microfiber is very versatile and personally, when I wear it, I feel very 'put together.' Almost like how you feel when you wear a pair of pantyhose or good tights under your dress. The microfiber can give you that same really good feeling and give you a boost of confidence."
- Bougon also notes, "When my plus size customers have a D cup or larger, the demi cup or open cups do not work. The weight of the breasts pretty much makes the half-cup bras sort of like a really pretty decoration underneath the breasts [without] pushing them up at all." Open cup lingerie, like teddies or babydolls, has more material than just the typical inch or so of fabric under the breast that open cup bras offer, so these items may be a better option for you than open cup bras if you are larger than a D cup.
A Special Evening
Surprise your special someone by adding open cup lingerie to your nighttime wardrobe. Whether you plan a romantic evening complete with a candlelight dinner or a racy night of fun and games, you will feel super sexy in your beautiful lingerie.