If you are a talented seamstress who makes her own clothing as a means of ensuring a perfect fit, you may be looking for plus size summer dress patterns to prepare for warmer weather. There are currently many retailers that sell a wide assortment of patterns for a woman of size.
- For instance, this V8894 dolman sleeve V-neck dress has a close-fitting bodice, V-neckline, raised waist, and back zipper to produce a fun and floaty summertime frock. You can also alter the hemline to feature either a handkerchief or high-low style depending on your preference. It comes in sizes 4 to 26.
- Additionally, this beautiful V9313 wrap dress from Vogue patterns is available in sizes 6-22 and ideal for a smart casual occasion. It features a distinctive thick waistband and sash neckline to distract attention away from your curves. It also has a hook and bar closure and length and sleeve variations.
McCall's carries plus size summer dress patterns at many difficulty levels, including Easy, Very Easy, and Average. Prices are around the $10 to $15 range.
- The McCall's loose fitting M7533 sheath dress provides comfort and style in sizes 8 to 24. The pattern is easily adaptable to any length you want, from a tunic top to a floor-skimming dress or anywhere in between. It also has an invisible zipper at the back and sleeve variations to provide a simple yet stylish look.
- Similarly, this beautiful M7743 fitted wrap dress has neckline, sleeve, and length variations. Available in sizes 8 to 24W, it has a unique keyhole neckline and ties at the waist to accentuate your plus size figure in all the right places.
- For example, make this See & Saw comfortable lounge dress using the B6541 easy sew pattern available in sizes 18 to 32. A perfect mesh of fashion and function, it features short sleeves, an elasticated, seamed waist, and side pockets.
- Ideal for work or play, this Connie Crawford B5898 wrap dress has a seductive V-neckline and a shaped hemline to amp up its femininity. Available in sizes XS-6X, this pattern can be altered to feature short sleeves and a shawl collar. Alternatively, you can stick to the sleeveless design for practicality in warm weather.
Sewing Patterns carries patterns from many different brands, including Simplicity, Kwik Sew, and Neue Mode. Many of the sundress patterns can be purchased as a download. Expect to spend less than $15 per pattern. Find each pattern by entering the number into the search bar.
- Search for the cute Neue Mode sun dress from Sewing Patterns using pattern number 22643. As well as featuring a unique diagonal neckline that puts a contemporary spin on the conventional square neckline, you can also make the hemline as long as you like. It works for sizes 8 to 20.
- If you're looking for something more floaty and pretty, search this maxi dress from Victoria Jones Collection using pattern number 105VJC. It features gorgeous frilled detailing at the sleeves and hemline and is loose fitting to create the perception of a long and lean body. Available up to size 3XL, it would look exceptionally great at a family garden party or for a day out with friends.
Cashmerette Plus Size Patterns
Cashmerette provides a range of plus size sewing patterns in different styles and cuts. They also offer fabric and kits to help get you started. Printed patterns come in around $20 with PDFs being slightly cheaper.
- Available in sizes 12-28, this Lenox shirtdress blends classic tailoring with effortless style. A comfortable yet stylish option for everyday affairs, the pattern has curve-friendly princess seams, roomy pockets, and a V-neck button placket that frames your face. You can also choose from a traditional or band collar and a pleated or gathered skirt.
- Cashmerette similarly feature dresses like the Webster, which you can also adapt into a top. Available in sizes 12-28, it has a high-low hem and a modern crossover back with a semi-fitted bodice to flatter your figure. Furthermore, the flowy, unfitted skirt makes it a useful addition to your summer closet.
Shopping for Plus Size Dress Patterns
There's no shortage of plus size summer dress patterns for the curvy seamstress. Some are easier to make than others, but all of these are made for feminine fun in the sun. Start gathering your patterns in the spring in trendy hues and materials -- and by the time summer barbecues and pool parties get into full swing, you'll already have a fashionable wardrobe perfect for the season at your fingertips.