Plus sized Hawaiian dresses are the perfect breezy fashion to get you through hot summer days and sultry summer nights. You don't have to adhere to strict rules when wearing such a casually comfortable item. All you need are sandals, complementary jewelry and an appropriate handbag to complete your look. Don't forget your drink with an umbrella in it!
Find Plus Sized Hawaiian Dresses
Where should curvy gals search for plus size island style fashions? There are quite a few retailers who appreciate that their customers come in a range of sizes, so full figured ladies aren't left out. Try these sites for some of the prettiest Hawaiian dresses you'll find:
- Papaya Sun: There's no shortage of island wear available at this site. From dresses to skirts to tops, there's a wide range of beautifully tropical attire in sizes to fit just about anyone. A sweetheart tank dress in black is adorned with lush flowers all the way up one side. You'll be able to keep your cool in this sleeveless number, which comes in sizes up to 3X. If you're fortunate enough to get married in the islands, this Ulu White Hawaiian Pele wedding dress is perfect for casual brides who say their vows on the beach. These are just a few of your many choices from Papaya Sun.
- Big on Batik: This plus size retailer carries a variety of tropical dresses, in colors ranging from blue to red to black. Naturally, expect a wealth of floral prints.
- Beanteacher: Find a great selection of island-themed clothing at this site, including a dress adorned with pineapples and palm trees. This dress was made in Hawaii, for an even more authentic island feel. If allover print doesn't excite you, choose a dress that keeps the florals to a minimum. Tropical flowers dance around the hem of this gown, which is available in sizes up to 6X.
- Wave Shoppe: The Indigo Long tank dress falls a bit longer, but is no less attractive in its calming blue color featuring orchids.
- Hilo Hattie: This shop is all about all things Hawaiian. Their lovely Hibiscus long 'muu' will fit most women.
You don't have to settle for shopping online, however. If you live in a tropical climate or get the chance to visit, there's nothing better than buying an authentic Hawaiian dress in Hawaii.
How to Wear It
What's so wonderful about plus sized Hawaiian dresses is that they're low maintenance outfits. Because most of them are easy to care for, they can be worn just as easily over a swimsuit as they can by themselves. If you spend a day at the beach, pack your Hawaiian dress to slip into for that night's activities.
Because many of the dresses have an allover print, keep the rest of your accessories low-key and one color. Any color dress can be accessorized with chunky jewelry in natural stones, such as coral or turquoise; or you can always go with a more subdued look with sterling silver or gold. Your sandals should be neutral or natural in tone so that they don't compete with your dress.
Wear your Hawaiian dress in any casual setting where you want to feel vibrant, comfortable and tropical, whether you're actually in Hawaii or not.