The Queen Latifah clothing collections catered to those with fuller figures and featured plus size lingerie and clothing designed to flatter. Even though they appear to have been discontinued, with few details surrounding the disappearance of the lines, curvaceous women appreciated the stylish pieces that they found in the collections. You can find them today sold secondhand on eBay.
Basics of the Queen Latifah Clothing Lines
The very first collection was created in partnership with lingerie brand Curvation in 2007, followed by The Queen Collection in 2011. Queen Latifah established these lines in keeping with her belief that every woman should feel good about herself no matter what her size or shape. She created items that reflected her own personal style and represented her confident attitude. Prior to releasing her lingerie line with Curvation, Queen Latifah produced her own lingerie to be sold in partnership with them, which was specifically designed for fuller-figured women.
Queen Latifah first collaborated with the Curvation line of intimate apparel, which is part of the Vanity Fair lingerie family. Together, they created a limited edition line of lingerie for breast cancer. Each of the bras featured a pink-ribbon, with all the proceeds from the collection going to the cause.
The line was appealing for many reasons. For starters, it provided full-figured women with quality lingerie at reasonable prices. It was also comfy and designed to make you feel good about yourself while wearing it. Most of the undergarments came in beige/nude, black, or white and in sizes up to 2x for bottoms and shapewear and 44DDD for bras.
The line was sold online at sites such as Amazon, Cisultan, Her Room, Sears and Kmart.
The Queen Collection
Following Curvation, The Queen Collection launched in 2011 and was available exclusively on HSN. The Queen Collection consisted of clothing, accessories, and handbags designed for women up to size 3X. The collection primarily featured high quality clothes in designs that sincerely flattered a woman's curves.
The Queen Collection included clothing options such as:
- Tunics: Blousy, pretty cuts and details - like bold prints or sequins - allowed curvy women to add some extra splash to their look.
- Hoodies: Comfortable, easy-to-coordinate, and hip, the hoodies could be paired with casual pants and denim for a no-fuss look.
- Sweaters: There were styles and fits available for every woman's shape; the cowl, v-neck, and poncho styles in particular were flattering and pretty.
- Leggings: Essential to the modern woman's wardrobe, Queen Latifah leggings featured details for extra flair, such as small zippers.
- Coats: Casual and dressy styles were available, featuring great fabrics such as washable suede, cotton canvas, and metallic leather.
- Skirts: Skirts in the collection were unique and featured details like ruching and stretchy fabrics.
- Tops: Both everyday essentials like long-sleeved tees and work-appropriate blouses could be purchased.
- Jeans: The collection included dark denim in a slimming cut, which could go from work to play.
Some pieces that were considered especially great from the collection included:
- The Queen Collection Belted V-neck Caftan Tunic was done in a trendy style that worked well with jeans, pants and even skirts. It was available in either a charmeuse knit done in a choice of Black or Champagne, or in a crinkled chiffon that was Cobalt or Multi. This tunic was loose fitting and moved well with the body.
- For those who were looking for a decent pair of jeans, The Queen Collection HRH Stretch Denim Boot-Cut Jean was extremely popular. It was done in a fitted yet relaxed style that hugged the body while being extremely comfortable. This jean came in sizes 16W-24W.
- The Queen Collection Long-Sleeve Easy Tee with Side Ruching was the perfect addition to any woman's wardrobe. It had side ruching and flattered any figure. It came in sizes 1X-3X and was manufactured in a blend of rayon and spandex.
- The Queen Collection Sequin Trim V-neck Tunic was a cute and casual top with a hint of sparkle. It came in colors such as Black, Heather Gray, Misty Blue, Olive, Light Rose or Maize and in sizes 1X-3X.
- There were also stylish accessories available in the collection such as the Faux Suede Wrap Belt. This sash-style belt could be worn with anything from tunics to tees. It came in a choice of Black, Purple or Taupe and in both Missy and Women's sizes.
- Another must-have was The Queen Collection Charmeuse Scarf with Ombre Fringe Trim. This scarf added the perfect touch to any outfit and was very lightweight, available in Midnight or Slate hues.
There are still secondhand pieces available from Queen Latifah's clothing collections through eBay.
Making a Stylish Difference
Queen Latifah is an award-winning plus size celebrity who is proud of who she is and what she does. She knows she's full-figured and has even worked her size into many of her popular movie and television parts. One of her goals is to help women feel sensual, vibrant, and confident in their own skin. By showing off her own curves, she is letting plus size ladies know they can be beautiful even if they're not a size six. Both of her clothing collections helped to make women feel more confident, as they were designed for those who have curves and were not afraid to show them off.