Although the swimsuit options for a woman wanting a tall plus size tummy control bathing suit may seem limited, there really are many beautiful styles and designs of swimwear made to fit this body type perfectly. Try a few of these swimsuits to find your perfect fit.
Where to Find Bathing Suits That Fit
A tall plus size woman needs a bathing suit that is cut longer in the torso area, providing a comfortable fit while compensating for extra height. The following options also include tummy control which can help you feel more confident showing off your new swimwear.
Swimsuits for All
Swimsuits for All is a newer company that prides itself on carrying swimsuits to accommodate all body shapes and sizes. Some of their tummy control offerings include:
- Longitude Blue Anchor X-Back One-Piece - This stunning swimsuit has abstract strokes of different shades of blue and black all coming from the slimmest point on the waist to help complement an hourglass shape. The legs, rear and chest provide full coverage, and the back has cross-straps for extra support and style. This suit also has Longitude's signature power mesh tummy control panel. Available in sizes 8-24 for about $60.
Lands' End is known for their casual clothing in classic styles, but don't overlook them when it comes to high-quality, tall, plus-size options for clothes and bathing suits. Not all of their selections have tummy control, but some that do are:
- Slender Scoopneck One Piece Swimsuit - This black suit boasts that you will look instantly slimmer - in fact, it says that you actually will look one size smaller. With the pleated scoopneck and shirred waist, it will indeed make you appear thinner. Twisted cross straps decorate the back so that you don't feel like your all-black suit is too plain, and the high-tech fabric helps hold your tummy (and everything else) in. Available in sizes 14-24 for about $150.
- Slender Tunic One Piece Swimsuit - Another Lands' End suit designed to make you look smaller with its high-tech performance fabric, this suit has a retro style with thick halter straps and a sweetheart neckline. This suit is mostly black with some small white leaves on the chest, and above the fitted suit there is a thin draped overlay with some shirring to give you even more curve coverage. Available in sizes 18-22 for about $150.
At Cyberswim, you can search for swimsuits by brand or size, but you can also search by feature, such as tummy control, bust minimizer, and support full bust. It's easy to find just the right fit using their fit categories.
Longitude Plus Continental Triple Tier Tank - If you want a suit that doesn't reveal every curve, particularly if you want bust coverage, consider this swimsuit. It has three brightly printed flowing layers up top above a black bottom. The flowing layers reach to about the belly button, and the tank's tummy control power mesh panel helps to keep you looking slim. Available in sizes 18-22 for about $100.
Longitude Plus Gold Embellishments Mesh High Neck - Forget the everyday swimsuit and go for a more exotic look with this one-piece. The black body is topped with gold metallic accents and the upper chest is made of sexy power mesh. This suit would look perfect on a full bust, and the tummy control panel will help shape your curves. Available in sizes 16-24 for around $110.
Simply Be caters to curvy and plus size women, providing dozens of reasonably priced options for every occasion, and always in the latest fashions.
- Magisculpt Flatter Me Swimdress Long - Don't be fooled by this swimdress. While most 'dress' styles only offer extra coverage, this one also features a powermesh suit underneath that offers maximum tummy control. This blue dress with a white daisy print and a cute double strap also gives you the benefit of hip and thigh coverage. Available up to size 28 for about $70.
- Magisculpt Tummy Tuck Swimsuit - This suit was designed specifically to make it look like you've taken inches off your waist. It features ruching, elongating princess seams, and a faux tankini look. The curves of this design emphasize your hourglass shape while whittling your middle. Available in black or eggplant up to size 26 for about $50.
Maine-based L.L. Bean is known for its quality outdoor gear, and its swimsuit selection is just as good with high-quality quick-drying suits that offer sun protection.
- Sarong Tanksuit Print - This stylish one-piece has a faux sarong wrap in front that ties on one hip, so even while the tummy control panel helps hold you in, the front panel gives you a bit of extra coverage as well. This tank comes in beautiful blue floral print, and the fabric is UPF 50+. The suit has full coverage for the rear. Up to size 18 for about $110.
- Jewell Island Squareneck Tanksuit - Look beautiful in burgundy, blue or black with this swimsuit that has a square neckline, a tummy control panel, and smart shirring throughout to help camouflage lumps and bumps. The back comes up to just beneath your shoulder blades in case you want more back coverage than the average suit offers. This suit is also UPF 50+. Available up to size 18 for about $115.
Swim With Confidence
Getting a tall suit that fits your long torso will keep you feeling beautiful so that you can concentrate on what you're doing. Whether you are taking a dip in the pool, lounging on the beach or swimming in the ocean, feel confident and sexy wearing a comfortable bathing suit that fits you just right.