Women's compression shorts are designed to support the waist, groin and hamstring muscles for physically active women on the go or for use while exercising.
Where to Buy Plus Size Compression Shorts
As you research your possibilities in plus size compression shorts, take note that shorts made from nylon fabric provide a cool, comfortable fit, and Lycra gives you the elasticity to compress and separate the muscles. If you want other benefits and special features like wicking away of moisture, be sure those features are offered on the particular pair of shorts you plan to buy.
Aero Tech Designs
Plus size women's compression shorts are available in a variety of styles and sizes up to 5XL at Aero Tech Designs. Features include:
- High quality
- Available in all sizes
- Three-quarter inch elastic waist
- Smooth comfortable fit
- Short-leg styles don't ride up
- Microfiber nylon and spandex fabric offers four-way stretch
- Snag resistant
REI offers compression shorts up to size 18. Features include:
- Blend of nylon and a high percentage of Lycra® spandex
- Provides four-way stretch
- Wicks moisture away from skin
- Crotch gusset lined with CoolMax Extreme for moisture-wicking comfort
- Nonbinding, flat, wide elastic waistband
- Machine washable
A Big Attitude
A Big Attitude offers a variety of compression short styles in sizes up to 6X which fit hip sizes 58 to 60 inches.
Compression Shorts Provide Extra Support
Compression shorts come in different lengths and fabric blends. They can be worn under clothing or alone. Once you find the shorts that offer the fit and features you're looking for, they will work to keep you safer when you're riding your bicycle or performing another type of workout, and may even provide relief from sciatica.