The choices for a fashionable women's plus size leather blazer are on the rise. No longer is the plus size woman forced to buy the one and only color and style available on the rack. Instead, she will find a well-rounded selection of styles and colors from which to choose. Thanks to today's modern dyeing processes, most types of leather are available in a rainbow palette of colors.
Shopping for Plus Size Blazers
Shopping for a blazer is a breeze because of all the available options. You can browse the racks at your favorite retail store, or shop online from vendors like these:
- Woman Within: Formerly Lane Bryant's catalog, Woman Within is known for its commitment to plus size comfort and style. They do not disappoint with their selection of women's leather blazers in sizes 14W to 34W. You'll love their unconditional guarantee on all their merchandise, and if you subscribe to their e-mail list, you'll receive a free shipping coupon as a thank-you perk.
- QVC: From croco embossed patent leather to luscious metallics, you will love the look of the plus sized leather coats available here. Shop risk-free 24/7 from any Internet connected device, because all purchases are backed by a 30-day money back guarantee.
- One Stop Plus: Make a fashion statement by opting for a non-traditional style blazer from One Stop Plus. Choose from boyfriend blazers or double-breasted blazers that are perfect with jeans or to jazz up a date night outfit. This is a fresh and modern way to give your wardrobe a makeover. In addition to an awesome collection of blazers, you'll find plenty of shopper's perks, like discounted shipping rates and advance notice of web specials and promotions. If you'd prefer not to use a major credit card to make a purchase, One Stop Plus accepts PayPal for the shopper's convenience.
- Avenue: Feel ultra-feminine when you don one of these blazers adorned with a draped, ruffled collar or opt for a more traditional look. Be sure to take advantage of the perks available to their e-mail subscribers, such as sneak previews and updates on the latest styles.
- Jessica London: For over 10 years, plus size women have depended on Jessica London for high-quality career, casual and special-occasion fashions. Sizes range from 14W to 34W and include petites and tall selections. Look great in their leather blazers that not only offer style, but fabulous fit, too. The shopper's benefits are also exceptional. For instance, when you sign up for the cardholder exclusive upgrades, you'll receive goodies like birthday discounts, seasonal offers and up to 35 percent off a favorite item.
Women's Plus Size Leather Blazer Designer Details
Nothing sets a garment apart better than unique features and embellishments like topstitched accents or dyed-to-match linings. Here are some tailoring details to look for when you are shopping for your next plus size blazer:
- Princess seams to make you look long and lean
- Notched or shirt collars to give you more styling options
- Front or back yokes that dress up an otherwise pedestrian-looking garment
- One, two and three button or zip closures to go with a wide range of ensembles
- Three button or zippered cuffs or cuffs with snap closures for wardrobing versatility
Caring for Your Leather Blazer
Once you purchase a leather blazer, be sure to take the proper care of it. If the label says dry clean only, then that's exactly what you need to do. Here are a few tips to keep your jacket looking as good as the day you bought it:
- If you are storing your leather blazer in a drawer or box, keep it flat
- Whenever you hang your blazer, use a wide, sturdy, padded hanger
- Never cover it with plastic
- If you spill something on your blazer, clean it immediately to prevent stains
- If you find a spot, take your leather blazer to the dry cleaner
Building Your Wardrobe
Contrary to what some people believe, it isn't necessary to fill three walk-in closets with clothes you may not ever even use. Instead, choose classic wardrobe pieces like a women's plus size leather blazer that can be mixed, matched and accessorized. This allows you to present a professional well-dressed look at work, as well as a stylish, casual look for an evening out.