Cowl neck plus size tees are a great addition to your wardrobe. These functional yet fashionable tops can be worn for a variety of occasions and are comfortable and also flattering. Due to this, these types of tees are pretty easy to find in plus size sections, both in brick and mortar stores and online.
The Cowl Neckline
A cowl neckline is very flattering for fuller figures, much like turtlenecks. Whereas turtlenecks extend upward over the chest and onto the neck and stop just below the chin, the cowl neckline includes extra fabric that draws the eye to the neckline. However, instead of sitting close to the neck, this extra fabric folds and gathers on the chest. Some cowl necklines gather close to the neck. Others scoop low near the bosom. Both styles are considered highly fashionable and flattering for plus size women.
Styling Cowl Neck Plus Size Tees
There are many ways to wear cowl neck plus size tees. They can complete your outfit, whether you're going for a casual day in the city, a nice dinner, or a fun night at the club with some friends. You just have to know how to dress it up or down, depending on the occasion. Consider these tips.
- Pair a bright colored cowl neck top with a pair of boot-cut jeans in a medium wash. Throw on some boots or shoes with a slight heel, match your bag to your shoes, and you have a cute daytime outfit.
- For work, throw on a jewel-tone cowl neck top with a black blazer and dress slacks. A nice, shiny pair of black heels and a necklace shorter than the scoop of your top will complete the professional look.
- For extra contrast with work or play, layer a camisole beneath the cowl neck top to either match or contrast for an interesting look.
- Choose a pair of skinnier dark jeans for a night on the town. If your top is longer, add a stretchy belt around the waist. For extra glam, throw on a pair of glitzy earrings and a bag that matches your belt.
- For a simple summer time look, pair some crop pants or blue jean shorts with a pastel or bright yellow top. Instead of a purse, use a brightly colored beach bag and throw on some cute flip flops. Wear your hair down and wavy for an instant just-off-the-beach look.
If you really enjoy the cowl neckline, consider also picking up some sweaters and tunics with this popular style. This will make the transition to wintertime attire much easier.
Where to Buy
There are many retail locations that carry this popular tee style. Here are just a few locations that offer the cowl neck tops and other fashionable cuts for plus size ladies.
- Kohl's - While Kohl's doesn't exclusively cater to plus-sized women, they do have a good selection of cowl-neck options. What's nice about their site is that you can filter a search by both size and the type of cut you want, making it easy to find your ideal cowl neck tee.
- Avenue - Avenue offers a variety of designer brands for fuller figures all in one place.
- Nordstrom's - This upscale clothing retailer offers a nice selection of plus size tops, dresses, pants, and more from well-known designers. You can also filter by size, making it easier to find what you want.
A cowl neck tee is just one of many styles that flatter a plus size figure. There are a variety of retailers that now cater to this burgeoning market, with more added every day. For the widest selection of sizes, however, it may be easier and less time consuming to shop online. Some stores still do not carry larger plus size clothes.