Celebrate your curvy shape with a trendy jumpsuit. Since size does not dictate style, you will be able to find a wide array of jumpsuits in plus sizes designed especially to flatter your full figure.
Style of Jumpsuits in Plus Sizes
Although shopping for plus size attire can sometimes be a battle, the trendy popularity of jumpsuits has resulted in an abundant supply of sizes and styles from which to choose. You can find styles made from fabrics such as spandex, knit and polyester blends. Fabulous selections include:
Lane Bryant is well-known for catering to the plus size niche market. Both online and in their stores, you will find a selection of jumpsuits in plus sizes. This retailer offers free shipping to your local Lane Bryant store, as well as $7.95 flat rate shipping directly to your home. Returns can be made at your local store or by mail.
Some jumpsuit styles to check out are:
- Lane Collection Sexy Jumpsuit: Sold in stores and online, this polyester jumpsuit done in classic black is elegant and sexy. It is priced around $60 and is available in sizes 14 to 24. For added interest and to slim your figure, this jumpsuit features a draped panel in the front and a halter neckline. It has a surplice neckline to flatter your bust and an elastic waist for a custom fit. Site reviewers mention the great fit in the bust area and comment that this style does not pull or bunch. Others comment that this style is classy and stylish and ideal for work.
Strapless Knit Jumpsuit: This simple yet sassy strapless jumpsuit is priced around $80 and is done in black knit. It comes in plus sizes up to 26/28 and is made from a blend of polyester and spandex. This style is flattering for fuller figures since it has an elastic waist and is made from an all-over stretchable knit. For those unsure about wearing a strapless design, straps are included. This jumpsuit can be found online as well as in retail stores. Site reviewers rave about the great fit and comfortable design.
DrJays.com features a wide selection of extended size jumpsuits. From dressy styles to ones that are more casual, this retailer has a lot to offer. You will find jumpsuits from popular brands such as Apple Bottoms, Baby Phat, Fashion Lab, Paperdoll and Summer B. In addition, Dr. Jays offers fast shipping with most orders shipped within one or two days from time you first order. If you are not satisfied with your order, returns can be made for up to 30 days after receipt of your purchase.
Some jumpsuits to consider include:
- Strapless Halter Pockets Wide Leg Jumpsuit: This stylish jumpsuit by Paperdoll is priced around $23 and is done in solid black for a slimming effect. This jumpsuit has wide legs to flatter the hip and thigh area, while the front pockets help conceal any bulges in the tummy area. It is done in a blend of polyester and spandex and is available in sizes 1X to 3X.
- Ethnic Print Halter Jumpsuit: This fun jumpsuit is priced around $30 and is made by Summer B. It features a fashionable halter top and a comfortable elastic waistband that will slim the waist. This jumpsuit is done in an all-over beige and black floral and paisley print. It comes in sizes 1X and 2X.
Macy's offers fashionable jumpsuits from popular designers such as Calvin Klein, Love Squared, Michael Kors, Lauren Ralph Lauren and AGB. You can find jumpsuits both online and in retail locations. Returns can be made in store or via mail. Standard and expedited shipping are offered. Free shipping is offered on orders over $99. You can also ship your order to your local Macy's store for free.
Some jumpsuits in plus sizes to consider include:
- Love Squared Strapless Chevron-Print Jumpsuit: This strapless jumpsuit is priced under $40 and comes in sizes up to a 3X. This style features a black and white chevron print top and a solid black bottom. The bandeau neckline will flatter your bust and neck area while the wide leg and relaxed fit will slim out your hips and thighs. One reviewer mentioned that this style runs a bit big, but otherwise is adorable.
- AGB Plus Size Flutter-Sleeve Wide-Leg Belted Jumpsuit: Priced under $50, this trendy jumpsuit is done in navy blue and features a belted waist. This jumpsuit is available in sizes 1X to 3X. This style is flattering to fuller figures with a flutter sleeve to conceal the upper arm and a wide leg to slim the hips and thighs. Customers who have purchased this style comment on the comfort, fit and great length. One reviewer mentions that this jumpsuit can be dressed up or down and is easy to wear.
Six Tips for Wearing Jumpsuits
Choosing a jumpsuit to flatter a plus size figure is as easy as choosing any other piece of clothing if you keep a few tips in mind. To make the most out of your jumpsuit and to be sure to get one that flatters your figure, consider the following tips when shopping.
- Jumpsuits by design usually have a full, flowing cut so getting the right fit is imperative. Look for styles that caress the curves without emphasizing any bulges or adding width at the wrong places. Boot cut legs are more flattering for those with skinny legs, while flare or fuller legs disguise the hips and thighs.
- Matching or self-fabric belts help create a slimming illusion, but contrasting color belts or tops make the silhouette look short and squat.
- High heels with full-length hems elongate the leg; short or flat shoes shorten the leg.
- Fabric blends that include spandex will stretch so the garment moves with the body and presents a sleek, slim look.
- Stiff fabrics like denim hide bulges and figure flaws better than soft, draping fabrics that may cling.
- Dress up jumpsuits the same way as any ensemble by adding a jacket or sweater or by layering pieces.
- A short sleeve mock turtleneck under a sleeveless jumpsuit changes the look of the outfit in an instance.
- Pair a strapless jumpsuit with a glittering metallic bolero or shrug for instant glam.
Women of any size can enjoy wearing the latest fashions and trends. Jumpsuits are no exception. With a wide variety of styles available, you are sure to find a jumpsuit to match your specific needs and style preferences.